Friday, January 14, 2011

When all seemed to fall into place...

something had to come along and knock me back down. See the thing is this "thing" that is going on doesn't pertain to me actually but instead to my best friend. A person who I have just gotten to know over the last year, someone who I don't think I could live without, and wouldn't dare try. I don't know if I should even be worried, and I keep telling her she shouldn't, but that is me being strong, trying to keep confidence up, and all that good jazz. I know that this isn't as serious as I am making it out to be, but when I was told about it all I could do was think I can't lose another person like this. I mean the last time it was all of a sudden no signs, no anything, one day someone who seemed perfectly healthy just died. When I heard that name, the tears started right away. I have been doing my damnedest not to cry, but the minute she left I let the tears start coming. I know what she has isn't the same, I know that it could be a false reading, it doesn't change the fact that for a moment there I was terrified my best friend was going to be leaving the world. I don't know much about this "thing". So this is where I go and do research and scare myself even more than I am now. I know I shouldn't even be scared but, I don't understand how this sort of thing just happens. She was perfectly fine, I hope that she still is, I just don't want this sort of thing happening all over again. I don't care if I sound selfish by this. I will take that title and be okay with it as long as nothing is wrong with her. I love her, she's my best friend and I would be nothing without her. Well now I am going to convince myself that everything is okay, and watch a movie pretend that is the reason for my tears. I know she is going to be okay, I know that it's a false positive. I know this, or at least I hope I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment