Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pain-Killers

As I was sitting in my room, alone, staring at the computer screen, a sudden realization occurred to me. Everyone dies. I knew this, everyone knows this simple fact. I've had family and friends die before, some classmates. I never really saw the grand idea of death though. One day my mom is going to die. I never really thought about this fact. She is my best friend, a world without her doesn't even seem plausible, let alone possible. My friends... which one of us will die first? I hope that I am the last to go. Not for any selfish reasons, like to have more time and have a long happy life, but because I couldn't bear to know my friends are going through so much grief and loss. I don't want them to have to go through the pain of losing those they care about. I also realized that people generally move on from those things, it's almost as if someone equally important was put into your life to prepare you for their deaths. I still can't imagine the torture of losing my best friends. The new people never really heal you, they're kind of just a pain-killer. I'm thankful for those people, someone to ease us out of our depression, someone who is going to care for us as much as we cared for our lost one. I think I have coined a new term for meeting new people, in my mind they will forever be known as pain-killers. As a side note this isn't an entirely sad Blog, I just started it on a depressing week.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Good analogy. I like it. And no one really thinks about death and the future, that's why they live in the clouds. Nice draw back to reality.:)

    ReplyDelete